Sunday, August 9, 2009

Happy Bday Spore


My bro Panzer wrote awesome poignant pieces on how we do our duty but yet seem to have been taken for granted. And that is all that matters. Whatever the govt thinks they have done for us, without seeming like ingrates, it never does not add up for us. ICT is still a major waste of time in the way it is run. Rush to wait, wait to rush. Yet we do our duty and serve, reluctantly dragging our Goretex boots all the way to the cookhouse and back. Still we know the reasons for it, Matador, Konfrontasi, never again blablabla. Yawn.

Yet, when shite hits the fan, I don't like it, would probably crap in my pants but if the times comes and if there are no options left, even when I'm in MR, and if the camp calls me back as a volunteer (not a conscript), I would still go and find my old no. 4, the one I keep for any fetish party with a military theme, struggle to put it on and report back. Bravado? No. Foolishness? Maybe. The bottom line is not about watching Black Hawk Down, 300, We were Soldiers and the cinematic opening of Starcraft Brood War in a marathon chest-thumping loop to psyche me up into a Lt Adnan wannabe. Rather it is just simple primal survival. Where can my folks and I flee to? Nowhere. Maybe that was what the dudes on Bt Chandu thought when the Chrysanthemum Division approached their position. And that was why they fought to the last. Imperfect though Spore might be and however cheesy it may sound to some of you, Spore is still my home. Really.

Marilah kita bersatu

3 comments:

  1. Bro BZH

    I salute your loyalty, bro!

    Personally, if I am pappish-rich, I'll ship my entire family to Aussieland or even Myanmar for safety FIRST before reporting back to camp and draw arms and doing a KNNBCCB to the enemy.

    Majullah Singapura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro

    LOL I won't say it is loyalty per se. I must stress that if there is a way out, boat or plane, I'm on it. Flight!

    But if not, oh frak, then I will draw arms as there is nowhere to go. Fight! KNNBCCB bayonet thrust!

    Heh up to the SAF to plan to allow the families safe passage out while the guys, MR or not, to dig in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can do a Mas Selamat, ask family members to swim to Johor for "safety" while we man the sandbags, MG positions for "D-Day"!

    ReplyDelete

IDF in 2006 War in Lebanon